Beacon Hill Holiday Cottages Information
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Our prices and availability can be viewed on-line. A deposit of 30% is payable when booking. The balance is payable eight weeks before the arrival date.
- All bookings are subject to confirmation.
- We do not take provisional bookings, unless by arrangement, so please do not make a booking unless you intend to honour it.
- If a booking is made within eight weeks of the arrival date, the full cost is paid immediately.
- In the event of cancellation we will attempt to re-let the cottage or hideaway on your behalf. If we succeed, we will return your deposit payment by cheque, minus a £50 administration fee. (Please note the Rent Waiver is non-refundable.)
- Bookings are subject to final confirmation at eight weeks.
- Each cottage or hideaway booking is a separate stand alone contract. A cancellation in one cottage or hideaway will not cover any other cottage or hideaway for that week or any subsequent week.
- Arrival time is after 3.00 pm and before 6.00 pm and someone will be at Beacon Hill to assist your arrival. Arrival after 6.00 pm is by arrangement and guests will have to locate their own Cottage or Hideaway.
- It is the client's responsibility to get to Beacon Hill for the booking, whatever weather conditions prevail. In 32 years trading, no-one has failed to arrive or depart on the due day because of weather!
- There are a number of booking options possible depending on the time of year and choice of cottage or hideaway.
- Quarry, Willow, Larch and Elm Cottages are let for full weeks only from Saturday to Saturday all year round. Mid-week short breaks are available in the winter.
- Curlew, Kestrel, Beech, Merlin and Ash Cottages are let from Friday to Friday all year round. From April to November, they are available for full weeks only. They are available for short breaks between November and the beginning of April.
- Beacon Hill, South Granary, North Granary, Oak, Stable and Wood Cottages are let for full weeks only from Saturday to Saturday from April to November. They are available for short breaks between November and April.
- Summer weekly bookings, from April until the beginning of November, are from 3.00 pm on Saturday until 10.00 am on the following Saturday and are for a minimum period of one week.
- Winter weekly bookings for the rest of the cottages are from Friday at 3.00 pm until 10.00 am on the following Friday between November and mid-March.
- Winter weekend two night short breaks are available at 10% discount on the 3 night price and they run from Friday at 3.00 pm until Sunday at 10.00 am. Many guests choose to pay for three nights to enable them to stay as long as they like on Sunday.
- Winter weekend three night short breaks are from Friday at 3.00 pm until Monday at 10.00 am.
- Winter midweek four night short breaks are from Monday at 3.00 pm until Friday at 10.00 am. They are cheaper than the weekend two night breaks, and thus offer tremendous value.
- Christmas and February half term are let for full weeks. Christmas week starts on 21 December. New Year is let from the 28 December and there is a price for the full week, 4 nights and 5 nights. February half term is let as full weeks starting Friday or Saturday.
- Hideways are let on a much more flexible pattern with a minimum of two nights all year round. On two night Friday to Sunday breaks guests may depart whenever suits them on the Sunday.
- Accessibility - Willow, Larch, Oak and Elm Cottages were built to meet the Accessibility Grade 2 Standard. The standards have changed since then, but these properties are still very suitable for those with accessibility problems. Quarry House, Stable and Wood Cottages are all on one level and may also be suitable. Curlew, Kestrel and Merlin have the Mobility M2 grade, which includes a roll-in shower. The Spa is now wheelchair accessible but I am sorry that, as yet, there is not a disabled toilet in the Spa - but we are looking to address this in the future.
If you or one of your party is disabled, we recommend that you contact us by telephone before making a booking so that we can discuss your exact requirements and assess the suitability of your preferred accommodation.
- The hideaways are not accessible.
- We can in certain cottages supply a mattress with bed linen and towels to cater for an extra guest; we charge £50 for this service for short breaks and £75 for weekly bookings to cover insurance, use of facilities etc.
- Pets are not accepted in any of our properties. There is an excellent kennels 3 miles away, Spotti Dog, and a lot of guests chose them.
- Whilst we employ a squad of cleaners, guests are expected to leave the cottages in a neat and tidy fashion, with all bins emptied and all dishes washed and put away in the cupboards. We ask that no food is left in the fridge or freezer. We reserve the right to charge guests an additional fee should cottages be left in an unsatisfactory fashion. If your child may wet the bed please use the protective sheet provided. If a mattress is wetted, unlike in ones own home when one tended to live with a stain, we have to throw the mattress out and we will expect to be reimbursed, so if in doubt, use the sheet.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of our properties.
- Cots and high chairs - we have collapsible travel cots and high chairs available at no extra charge.
*All of the cottages at Beacon Hill will have Sky Television; there is a box in each house with a full range of channels including all the Sky Sports channels. The Hideaways have Smart TVs in the bedrooms but do not have Sky.
- You can access your email by Wi-Fi in your cottage. We have very fast Broadband throughout the site.
- Our resident beautician,Claire, can be contacted at 01670 780915. Pre-booking is advised, especially for short breaks. You can browse the beauty treatments on-line.
- Gym - please brings indoor trainers for the gym.
We are a double winner of England's Self Catering Holiday Of The Year - the only business in England to have won twice. We have won many other awards, including North East of England's Self Catering Holiday of the Year five times.
We will endeavour to ensure that the content of this website is always accurate, honest, and up-to-date. However, all content, including prices, is subject to change without notice.
All personal information collected through the forms in this website will be used only for the purpose intended, eg to answer an enquiry or to process a booking. In the case of an enquiry, personal information will not be retained for longer than is necessary to satisfy the enquiry made. In the case of a booking, your details may be retained by us for such periods as may be necessary to satisfy your booking and for the proper administration of our own business accounting and taxation.
In the case of our mailing list, we will retain the information supplied by you, comprising only your name and email address, for the purpose of periodically informing you by email of any news, special offers, cancellations or last minute availability. Apart from Premier Cottages, your information will not be shared with any other third parties.
We are members of this independent cottage owners' group and share limited data with them for the sole purpose of them posting their printed brochure and email marketing. If you do not wish your data to be shared with Premier Cottages, please just let us know.
Removal of Personal Information
We will remove your details from our mailing list on request. Simply send us an email from the address you wish us to delete with REMOVE as the subject.
Links to external websites are provided as a service to our users, eg where they contain information that may be of either general or specific interest to persons planning a self catering cottage holiday. However, we are not responsible for the content, views, or accuracy of information on external websites.
You accept that data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
When making a booking with us, you agree to comply with the above terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute, the laws of England and Wales shall apply and the English courts shall have jurisdiction.
- To avoid misunderstandings with our guests, we wish to remind you that a reservation constitutes a legal contract. If you have to cancel, for whatever reason you will lose your deposit and be obliged to pay the balance, unless the property is re-let.
- We offer Rent Waiver for a 5% premium. If you, or any member of your party whose name is on the booking form, contracts an illness or has an accident that forces you to cancel your holiday, the Rent Waiver offers you some protection. Please note this does not cover pre-existing illnesses and a medical certificate will be required.
- We will return your deposit and waive payment of the balance due if you cannot fulfil the contract due to any of the above circumstances if you pay an additional rent waiver of 5% of your cottage rent.
- The Rent Waiver is non-transferable. If you change your cottage booking having paid a deposit that included Rent Waiver, the Rent Waiver element is non-refundable.
- In the event of illness affecting a party coming on holiday, you must notify Beacon Hill Farm in writing immediately. Failure to do this will render the Rent Waiver void.
- If you take the Rent Waiver in error, we can cancel it and refund the money, as long as we are notified within 7 days.
- If you choose not to pay the additional Rent Waiver, you are strongly advised to have some form of holiday insurance to protect your position in the event that you are compelled to cancel your holiday. It is amazing how many people end up being forced to cancel annually. In an average year, between 15 and 20 guests are forced to cancel and if they did not pay the rent waiver or have some other form of holiday insurance, they still have to pay for a holiday they are unable to enjoy. Please protect your position with some form of cover.