Booking Terms and Conditions, Advice and More ...
Booking Terms and Conditions
If you are thinking of booking a luxury cottage holiday
at Beacon Hill Farm, please take the time to read more information on the amenities, services and local attractions that will help your stay become one of your most memorable.
We like to help our guests - new or returning - so whether you need to know about our catering services, need travel directions to help you find us, or what is included with your luxury holiday cottage, we are more than happy to answer your questions.
We also have detailed information about the entertainment and attractions available during your holiday in Northumberland, be it clay pigeon shooting, horse riding, pamper days or even cycling along the Northumberland coastline.
Take the time to find out why your stay at Beacon Hill Farm's holiday cottages in Northumberland are the right choice when it comes to luxury, relaxation and an unforgettable holiday experience in the heart of Northumberland.
Here are our booking conditions, together with other information to assist you in planning your holiday at Beacon Hill in your 4 Star Gold Award or 5 Star Gold Award cottage.
Please contact us if you have a question or wish to make a booking over the telephone.
- Our prices and availability can be viewed on-line. A deposit of 30% is payable when booking. The balance is payable eight weeks before the arrival date. No reminder is sent out when the balance falls due - it is the client's responsibility to pay the balance. In making a booking you are entering a binding contract to pay the balance eight weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday.
- We do not have Provisional Bookings so please do not make a booking unless you are in the position to honour it.
- If a booking is made within eight weeks of the arrival date, the full cost must be paid immediately.
- In the event of cancellation I will attempt to re-let the cottage on your behalf. If I succeed I will return your deposit payment by cheque, minus a £50 administration fee.
- Each cottage booking is a separate stand alone contract. A cancellation in one cottage will not cover any other cottage for that week or any subsequent week.
- Arrival time is after 3pm and before 6pm and someone will be at Beacon Hill to assist your arrival. Arrival after 6pm is by arrangement and guests will have to locate their own cottage.
- It is the client's responsibility to get to Beacon Hill for the booking, whatever weather conditions prevail.
- There are a number of booking options possible depending on the time of year and choice of cottage.
- Quarry, Willow, Larch and Elm Cottages are let for full weeks only from Saturday to Saturday all year round. Short breaks are not available.
- Curlew, Kestrel, Beech, Merlin and Ash Cottages are let from Friday to Friday all year round. From April to November, they are available for full weeks only. They are available for short breaks between November and the beginning of April.
- Beacon Hill, South Granary, North Granary, Oak, Stable and Wood Cottages are let for full weeks only from Saturday to Saturday from April to November. They are available for short breaks between November and April.
- Summer weekly bookings, from April until the beginning of November, are from 3.00 pm on Saturday until 10.00 am on the following Saturday and are for a minimum period of one week.
- Winter weekly bookings for the rest of the cottages are from Friday at 3.00 pm until 10.00 am on the following Friday between November and mid-March.
- Winter weekend two night short breaks are availe at 10% discount on the 3 night price and they run from Friday at 3.00 pm until Sunday at 10.00 am. Many guests choose to pay for three nights to enable them to stay as long as they like on Sunday.
- Winter weekend three night short breaks are from Friday at 3.00 pm until Monday at 10.00 am.
- Winter midweek four night short breaks are from Monday at 3.00 pm until Friday at 10.00 am. They are cheaper than the weekend two night breaks, and thus offer tremendous value.
- Christmas, New Year and February half term are let for full weeks. Christmas week starts on 21 December and the New Year week on 28 December. February half term is let as full weeks starting Friday or Saturday.
- Accessibility - Willow, Larch, Oak and Elm Cottages were built to meet the Accessibility Grade 2 Standard. The standards have changed since then, but these properties are still very suitable for those with accessibility problems. Quarry House, Stable and Wood Cottages are all on one level and may also be suitable. Curlew, Kestrel and Merlin have the Mobility M2 grade, which includes a roll in shower. We regret that the Spa is not accessible by wheelchair. If you or one of your party is disabled, we recommend that you contact us by telephone before making a booking so that we can discuss your exact requirements and assess the suitability of your preferred accommodation.
- We can in certain cottages supply a mattress with bed linen and towels to cater for an extra guest; we charge £50 for this service for short breaks and £75 for weekly bookings to cover insurance, use of facilities etc.
- Pets are not accepted in any of our properties.
- Fly fishing is available on Meg's Lake. Whilst we endeavour to stock the lake there is no guarantee of this. The fishing is a non-chargeable extra and the right to fish forms no part of the Holiday Contract.
- Whilst we employ a squad of cleaners, guests are expected to leave the cottages in a neat and tidy fashion, with all bins emptied and all dishes washed and put away in the cupboards. We ask that no food is left in the fridge or freezer. We reserve the right to charge guests an additional fee should cottages be left in an unsatisfactory fashion.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of our properties.
- Cots and high chairs - we have collapsible travel cots and high chairs available at no extra charge in *All of the cottages at Beacon Hill will have Sky Television; there is a box in each house with a full range of channels including all the Sky Sports channels.
- We can receive faxes for you at 01670 780 901. If you wish to receive large files by e-mail, these should be sent to email@example.com. . Anything that you require to be printed should also come to this address.
*You can access your e-mail by Wi-Fi in your cottage.
- Our resident beautician, Sheenette can be contacted at 01670 780915 or at home on 07581 368828. Pre-booking is advised, especially for short breaks. You can browse the beauty treatments on-line.
- Homemade meals can be pre-ordered from Kate Howard. A menu and price list and order form for Kate's wonderful homemade meals are available on-line. These will also be sent when I confirm your booking.
- Gym - please brings indoor trainers for the gym.
- We are a double winner of England's Self Catering Holiday Of The Year - the only business in England to have won twice. We have won many other awards, including North East of England's Self Catering Holiday of the Year in 2006.
- Beacon Hill Farm Holidays are pleased to be associated with Premier Cottages Direct.
- To avoid misunderstandings with our guests, we wish to remind you that a reservation constitutes a legal contract. If you have to cancel, for whatever reason you will lose your deposit and be obliged to pay the balance, unless the property is re-let.
- We offer Rent Waiver for a 5% premium. If you or any member of your party, whose name is on the booking form, contracts an illness or has an accident that forces you to cancel your holiday the Rent Waiver offers you some protection. Please note this does not cover pre-existing illnesses and a medical certificate will be required.
- We will return your deposit and waive payment of the balance due if you cannot fulfil the contract due to any of the above circumstances if you pay an additional rent waiver of 5% of your cottage rent.
- The Rent Waiver is non-transferable. If you change your cottage booking having paid a deposit to include Rent Waiver, the Rent Waiver element is non-refundable.
- In the event of illness of a party coming on holiday you must notify Beacon Hill Farm IN WRITING immediately.
Failure to do this will render the Rent Waiver void.
If you choose not to pay the additional rent waiver, you are strongly advised to have some form of holiday insurance to protect your position in the event that you are compelled to cancel your holiday. It is amazing how many people end up being forced to cancel annually. In an average year, between 15 and 20 guests are forced to cancel and if they did not pay the rent waiver or have some form of other insurance, they still have to pay for a holiday they are unable to enjoy. Please protect your position with some form of cover.
The images in this website are copyright of the photographers who created them and must not be reproduced without permission. We acknowledge
contributions by One North East, Alnwick Garden Trust, Fotolia, Chris Wright, and others.